Moto G5S Plus | G5S Oreo Update: Last year Moto launched G series with Nougat Android OS out of the box. After that, it’s been a long time Motorola has not released Oreo 8.1 Android update. The company official has declared that OS on Moto G series phone is of 32 Bit while Oreo only supports 64 Bit OS which is causing a problem for the company to issue an update to Moto users. If the company releases Oero then user have to factory reset all user data in order to upgrade to newer android stock.
The Motorola company is trying hard to issue an update as early as possible. As per sources, the company may release Android Oero update in the next month. It’s also been said the company is going to launch Moto G6 with Oreo 8.1. This can be another reason why the company is halting update for Moto G5S. Moto G5 and Moto G5s+ phones. As it can affect sales of Moto G6.
How To Get Android Oreo Update on Moto G5S Plus | G5 | G5S
The company is going to release a notice of Android 8.1 anytime as Moto G6 is going to arrive very soon. The company will release an update within 15 days after the launch of G6 series. But if you want to install 8.1 updates manually here I have provided some ways you can upgrade to newer version.
Recommended: Buy Moto Phones (Price & Feature)
Moto G5S Plus Oreo Update
1) To upgrade to android oreo you need to root your device.
2) Let me tell you rooting your device can void your phone’s warranty.
3) You can visit XDAForum to get ROM for your device.
4) If you have got your ROM just follow the guide.
5) Tip – If you like taking the risk then it is good option to get Oreo update otherwise I would recommend you to wait until company launches the update officially.
6) The steps are same for both Moto G5 and G5S.
Some Features of Android Oreo
- Better public Wi-Fi connections with Oreo. …
- New emoji
- Picture-in-picture mode
- Multi-window, and UI tweaks
- Picture-in-picture mode
- improved multi-window.
- A new camera app.
- Revamped notifications and ‘Notification Dots’.
- Notification channels.
- Google Play Protect.
- Project Treble.
There are a lot of features that will provide you totally new experience. Although the company has not changed UI it is similar to Nougat.
Will Moto G5, Moto G5S Plus, and G5S Receive Android P Update?
As we all know Motorola is known for providing a pure Android stock update to all its smartphones. It’s possible the company will launch Android P update without any delay. The company has already launched Android P Beta version officially.
I will update this post as soon as the company released any information regarding Oreo update for Moto G5 series.
If you have any doubt or query feel free to use the comment section. Our team is ready to help you 24×7.