The article is about How to link Aadhaar card to mobile number online or offline and avoid suspension of your sim. It is very important to link your Aadhaar card with your mobile as last year Supreme court has passed an order to all telecom operators, in this order it is said that you have to link your Aadhaar card to your mobile number before 31st March 2018. If in case you failed to link them, then your sim will be terminated and you would not be able to make any calls or use any of services.
Earlier to link your mobile number with UID, you are required to visit the nearest store of your telecom network, it can be Idea store, Airtel Store, Tata Docomo or Vodafone. If you have noticed, from last few month when you make calls, then customer care ask you to link your number with your Aadhaar before 31st March 2018.
If you are running out of time and have no time to visit idea, Airtel or any store then don’t worry! I have prepared A-Z guide that will help you to link your Aadhaar Card to your mobile number online. The government has made this process as simple, so anyone can link their Aadhaar easily.
Why Link Aadhar Card To Mobile Number
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) suggests, Linking Aadhaar is mandatory for availing various welfare programmes as well as linking it with bank accounts, permanent account number (PAN) and mobile phone SIM cards remain valid.
Supreme court has ordered the telecom ministry to link all mobile with Aaadhaar number as soon as possible. The company is trying hard to link all the customer, as there is some number which is idle but still, peoples are making fake calls or doing illegal stuff. To stop all these Aadhaar cards should be linked to the sim card.
How To Link Mobile Number to Aadhaar Card Online / IVR
If you are like me who has not linked till now, then follow this 5-minute process and protect yourself from permanent mobile number termination. So let’s get started.
- Take Your Mobile which you want Link.
- Now from Same Mobile Number Call 14546.
- As You call this number it will ask Your AADHAR number.
- Enter AADHAR number and Confirm it.
- Now you will Receive OTP on Your Linked aadhar mobile number.
- Now Simply Enter OTP on Call which is On (Don’t Cut the Phone).
- You have successfully linked Your Mobile Number to AADHAR.
- You also Receive confirmation Message within Minutes.
1) Aadhaar Number
2) Your Mobile which you want to link to Aadhaar.
How to Link Mobile Number To Aadhaar Card Offline
- First, go to the nearest shop which has a Network like Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, etc.
- Give your Aadhaar card and Mobile Number.
- Then, they will register your number and will get an OTP in SMS.
- Give the OTP number which is received.
- Then give your Fingerprint for Biometric verification.
- In just 24 hours, you will get a confirmation message on your number.
- Reply, the message with “Y”, then your verification is completed.
- Your phone number is linked to your Aadhaar card.
- This is the best and simple method. Even there are other methods which are given below.
This was all about the process for offline Mobile no aadhaar card linking. What if you have changed your number and unable to generate an OTP. In that case, you have to follow below method.
Method 2: Link Your Mobile Number to Aadhar Number offline
1.Download the Aadhaar card correction application form.
2. Take a print out of the form.
3. Select the “Mobile” option.
4. Give your Aadhaar card number.
5. Enter your name, address and other details.
6. Enter your mobile number which you want to add to your card.
7. Email ID can be given if you want.
8. Add a photocopy of Driving Licence, Passport, Voter ID Card, PAN Card Etc, as an identity proof.
9. In the end, self-attest all the documents by signing or thumbprint.
10. Send the Application form to the address given below.
You have to fill following address on the Aadhaar form:
Address 1 :
UIDAI Post Box No. 99,Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034, India
Address 2 :
Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh – 480001, India
Don’t worry! You will get a successful confirmation on your mobile number after your documents will be verified.
Process of linking Aadhaar To Mobile is completely free, You don’t have to pay anything. If any store worker ask you any fee, please register a complain against him to cutomer care.